Our CSA-certified engineers and experts conduct a thorough assessment of your home – from structure and maintenance, to suitability and lifestyle – to help you make decisions about the future. A StayPlan from HomeSpan is your home’s roadmap for up to 30 years into the future. A StayPlan, delivered to you in a printed format that includes recommendations specific to you, provides invaluable information.
We are recognized experts at planning for the future. We develop comprehensive information that is vital to homeowners and their loved ones as they make decisions about staying in your current home. We provide highly specialized engineering expertise to ensure safety, comfort, affordability, and satisfaction for 10-30 years and, barring any significant changes in health or ability.
How do we gather home assessment information? Learn more about our engineering-based process.
Your StayPlan is filled with practical, useful, and easy-to-follow recommendations for each year. Each StayPlan addresses personal, safety, and financial risks, including:
- A detailed, comprehensive analysis of your home and a plan to continue to thrive in that home in a safe and satisfying manner for the next 10-30 years barring any highly significant changes in health or ability
- A current assessment and ten-year forecast of the residents’ abilities to perform activities vital to independent living
- A room-by-room functional analysis highlighting identified challenges to basic living or personal activities, AND actionable solutions for each
- A ten-year roadmap of needed solutions in the home, including scope, timeframe, and approximate costs
- A 30-year forecast of routine, major costs to maintain this home
- A 2-D floor plan of the house, identifying personal activity locations
- 3-D visualizations of key solutions/projects
- If your current home will not suit your needs, additional advice about what you will need in a new home